The University of Warwick is seeking to appoint a Liaison Manager in China with experience of providing advice and guidance relating to higher education programmes in the UK. This full time, ongoing role based in Shanghai is an exciting opportunity to support the University’s internationalisation objectives.
The role’s primary objective will be to promote the University’s brand in South China and for this the role requires an enthusiastic, innovative, self-motivated individual who is comfortable to work on their own initiative. The post holder will need to be skilled in relationship development, market research, data analysis and presenting to a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
The Warwick Liaison Manager will work remotely in co-working office space but will be part of a team responsible for the institution’s activity in China. The successful candidate will have a specific focus on providing advice and guidance to prospective students, but will also be expected to contribute across the full range of the University activities including supporting senior level delegations to the country, alumni relations and stakeholder liaison. Developing and implementing a strategy to achieve agreed outcomes, annual travel to the UK, representation of the University at international educationevents and developing new relationships on behalf of the University will be an important part of this role.
Please note: this role will be based in Shanghai and requires the post holder to have the right to live and work permanently in China without restriction. This post will not attract visa sponsorship.
The post holder will be responsible for providing a service to enhance the reputation of the University of Warwick in China through the provision of advice and guidance, support for alumni initiatives, building relations and other activities as assigned by the UK Warwick Learning Limited Beijing Representative Office (WLLBRO).
- To contribute to the regional plans for the implementation of the University’s international strategy in China. An annual plan will be developed and agreed with WLLBRO which will include key objectives and an outline of planned activity for the year.
- Build and manage relationships with key partners and influencers such as colleges, universities and international schools.
- Work closely with the Beijing Office and allocated UK-based Recruitment Support team to develop appropriate events and communications to prospective applicants and their advisors and sponsors.
- Ensure that prospective students and their advisors and parents within the region of responsibility, are engaged through a variety of media, utilising new media and methods of communications as appropriate.
- Support the UK-based marketing and communications team in developing, executing and monitoring a digital marketing strategy that enhances the reputation of the University in the region. This includes monitoring the University’s online and social media presence in the region to enhance student recruitment and contacts with stakeholders.
- Formulate, bid for and effectively manage a devolved annual budget to support agreed priority activities in the assigned region.
- Develop deep expertise and market intelligence for the assigned region and proactively share this with WLLBRO and relevant University colleagues in a timely way. Undertake market research and analysis and reporting of data to monitor performance and support decision making. This will include ad hoc reports through the year, as well as regular monitoring of applications data throughout the cycle.
- Recruit and supervise temporary staff to carry out key activities at particular times of the year e.g. verification of admissions documents.
- Undertake specific projects and other duties as required by the Head of Student Recruitment, Director of SROAS and other senior managers.
Wider strategic objectives:
- Support the work of the UK-based Alumni Team in the facilitation of events and alumni association led projects that enhance the University’s alumni relationships and/or support recruitment (e.g. scholarship scheme promotion and administration) where required.
- Support the work of the UK-based International Strategy and Relations Team with the organisation of visits by University staff (senior management, academic and professional services) to the region. The level of support required, and the amount of direct involvement by the post-holder, will vary from visit to visit.
- In conjunction with the UK-based International Strategy and Relations Team, help build and manage relationships with key stakeholders and influencers such as partner universities, funding bodies, the British Council, British embassies/ high commissions.
秘籍 | 我们的HR招人视角
If you are interested in being considered for this post,
please send a full CV and a covering letter in English
Closing Date: 22nd November 2019
Expected interview Date: 29th November in Shanghai